1679 - 2012
March 30th 2012, an anniversary to be noted...
The LANNERS family is 333 years
It was indeed on March 30th, 1679 when Klesgen (Nicholas) LANNERSCH from Holzthum in the North of the present Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg had his son Hans Jacob (John James) baptized in the local chapel.
|Consthum Parish register, Edmond Faber Diekirch, 15.3.2012
Archives Nationales Luxembourg, RP 52, Vol. 1, p. 9
To our knowledge this is the first appearing of the name in a written source.
The 30th March 2012 marked thus the 333th anniversary of the entrance of the LANNERS family into history.
Among the many children of Klesgen Lanners, 5 only married and founded a family:
- Hans Jacob Lanners born 1679 of whom 5,900 descendants are known;
- Margaretha Lanners born 1681 who married Diederich Lannes and had 4 children;
- Hans Nicolaus Lanners born 1685 who had 8 chidren;
- Johannes Lanners born 1699 with 9,100 offspring;
- Jacobs Lanners born 1700 who had 3 children.
The more than 15.000 descendants located so far, among them about 3.000 holders of the name, live in Luxembourg, in the United States, in Belgium, in France, in Germany and in Switzerland.
The LANNERS database can be viewed on Geneanet
This site is dedicated to the members of the LANNERS family.
Visitors, your remarks and additional information are welcome.
Any commercial use of this site is prohibited.
Author and owner: